Etsy is a great website for buying and selling handmade goods. You can find everything from jewelry to art, clothing, and more!
One of the features that make Etsy so special is how other users can leave reviews on items they’ve purchased. This blog post will teach you how to leave a review on Etsy so you’ll be able to share your opinion about what you bought or sold with other members.
So how to write a review on Etsy?
Here is a step-by-step guide to leaving your valuable review on any product that you have purchased from Etsy.
You can also read our article on how to boost Etsy sales over here.
How To Leave A Review On Etsy Website (Laptop And Computer)
1. Log in to your Etsy account. You have to log in with the same account you used to purchase the product you want to review.
2. Click on the “Your Account” section or your profile picture at the top right side of your screen. Now from the drop-down choose “Purchases And Reviews”
3. After that, you will be able to see all the purchases that you have made in your account. Scroll down and choose the item you want to review and select the star rating from 1 to 5.
4. Once you select the star ratings, a popup will come and you can add your review here. Whatever you write in the box will be displayed in that product reviews section.
5. Click the button “Submit review”
Voilaaa! your review is live now.
How To Leave A Review On Etsy Mobile App
Leaving a review from Etsy mobile app is a bit different than we have seen above but it is very simple to do.
Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to write an Etsy review.
Open the app on your Android or IOS device and log in to your Etsy account.
When you are successfully logged in. Click on “You” at the bottom and then click on “Purchases”
After that, you will be able to see all the purchases that you have made on your account. Now you have to find the product that you want to review and click on the button “Leave a review”
A window will pop up asking for the star rating for the product. As soon as you enter the star rating, another window will pop up automatically asking for some more information about the review as you can see in the screenshot below.
Fill the star rating under Item quality, shipping and seller customer service and write your review in your own words and then hit submit.
Your review will be published instantly.
Why I Am Not Able To Leave Review On Etsy?
If you are not able to leave a review, there can be multiple reasons for it.
Because You Are A Guest User
One of the reasons could be that you are not a registered Etsy user means you are a guest user. Etsy doesn’t allow guests to leave reviews. You will need to register for an account in order to leave a review.
If you have purchased the item as a guest then you can claim that product in your new or existing Etsy account and then you will be able to leave a review.
Review Window Is Closed
Etsy allows you to leave a review within 100 days of the transaction date. If the transaction happened more than 100 days ago, then you cannot leave a review on that particular listing.
There Is An Open Case On That Order
If there is an open case on the transaction, you will not be able to leave a review. Etsy allows buyers and sellers to raise a case if they are not happy with the product or service received.
So until the case is closed, you will not be able to leave a review.
How To Leave A Review On Etsy As A Guest
Unfortunately, you cannot leave a review on Etsy as a guest user. But if you have made the purchase as a guest user then you can claim it on your new or existing Etsy account and then leave a review on that.
Here are the steps to claim your guest purchase on your new or existing account. This can only be done on the Etsy Desktop version. You cannot do it with your mobile.
- Find the email in your email account that was sent from [email protected] when you placed the order.
- Click on the order number in the first line of the receipt.
- You will be prompted to create an account, just follow the steps.
- That order will be linked to your new account, and you’ll be able to leave a review.
How To Edit Reviews On Etsy
If you want to edit your review on Etsy, you must do it within 100 days from the delivery date.
It is impossible to modify the review once after the 100 days timeframe.
The buyer’s Etsy profile has the option for changing the review, which can be found under the “purchases and reviews” tab.
Also, If the seller replies to an existing review, the review will be instantly locked, and you will not be permitted to change the review further.
Steps To Edit Your Etsy Review
- Log in to your Etsy user profile.
- Go to “Purchases and Reviews” by clicking on it.
- Then, locate the review you want to edit.
- Once you’ve made the necessary changes, just click submit or enter to finish the process.
Note: Etsy may not allow you to post a new review if you remove an existing one.
That’s why, editing a review rather than deleting it is the safer option when making changes to it, such as raising the star rating to reflect excellent customer service.
How To Ask For A Review On Etsy (For Sellers)
There are a few ways to ask for a review from your buyers. The first is to include a beautiful thankyou card in the package you send them requesting feedback. You can also send them an email after they’ve received their purchase, or mention it on social media.
When asking for a review, be sure to keep the following in mind:
-Make sure your request is polite and professional.
-Do not ask for a positive review only.
-Do not harass your buyers if they do not leave feedback.
-If you receive negative feedback, always respond politely and address the issue.
– You should never ask for a review in a way that would pressure or coerce the buyer into leaving a positive one.
I hope after all these tips, you will be able to know how to leave a review on Etsy. If you need any help then you can ask in the comment section below. I will be happy to help you.
How To Add Product Variations To Your Etsy Listing: The Right Way
How To Boost Sales On Etsy | Boost Etsy Sales 2022