Opening a new shop on Etsy as a seller can be a daunting task. There are some rules and regulations that you need to follow in order to open a second Etsy shop. In this blog post, we will discuss the basic steps for opening a new shop as well as some tips to make the process easier.
If you have been selling on Etsy for a while, you know that it can be a great way to make money. However, if you want to open a second shop on Etsy, there are some things to consider. This blog post will discuss some of the basics of opening a second shop on Etsy and how it can help you make money.
Can I Have Multiple Etsy Shops
The short answer is yes, you can have multiple Etsy shops. You can have as many shops as you want, but each shop must be registered with a different email address. You’ll need to sign in to each shop separately to manage it.
You can use different browsers to manage multiple shops simultaneously at the same time.
There is no limit to the number of shops a user can have, but each shop must meet Etsy’s guidelines. Creating multiple shops can be a great way to showcase different products or collections, and it can also help users reach a wider audience.
So if you’re planning to sell different types of products. For example, if you want to sell both handmade jewelry and paintings, you should create two separate shops.
How To Open A Second Etsy Shop
To open a second shop on Etsy you need to first create a new Email id and then visit etsy.com and then you need to signup as a seller.
You have to fill out all the necessary information about yourself like Name, Billing Address, Payment details, Cards, etc.
After filling in all the necessary details Etsy will review your details and your shop will be live but in some countries, you need to follow a few more verification steps in order to make your shop live.
How To Open A Second Shop On Etsy [Step By Step]
Step 1: Create An Etsy Account
First, you need to create a new Etsy account before opening your shop.
Visit Etsy.com and click on the Sign-in button and then click on the Register button in order to create a new account on Etsy.
When you create an account, you’ll need to provide a new email address along with your First name and a password.
Step 2: Click Sell On Etsy
After you have successfully created your Etsy account, click on your profile avatar in the top right corner and then select “Sell On Etsy” to start your shop opening process.
Step 3: Set Shop Preferences
Here you have to fill in some important details about your shop.
Shop Language: The language of your shop
Shop Country: Your country
Shop currency: The currency in which you are going to list your products, currency conversion fee may apply if your bank currency is different from your shop’s currency.
Time commitment: Select whether you are going to be a full-time or part-time seller. This option has no effect on your shop it is just for informational purposes.
Step 4: Name Your Shop
In this step, you need to select a name for your new Etsy shop.
Make sure whatever name you use must follow the Etsy guideline and follow all the basic rules.
Your shop name must follow these guidelines:
- Should be between 4-20 characters in length
- No spaces or special characters
- Not already in use by other shops
- Does not infringe on registered trademarks
Step 5: List Your First Product
In this Etsy will ask you to list a product on their platform so you should have at least 1 product to list in order to continue the process. You can list multiple products if you have.
Step 6: Setup Billing And Payment Account
Finally, you need to provide information about how you want to get paid. If Etsy Payments is available in your country, you can use it to receive payments from customers all over the world otherwise you can use PayPal to do so.
You also need to provide info about billing, you have to provide your card details here so that Etsy can charge you for fees and taxes.
Why Do You Need Second Etsy Shop
There are a few reasons why someone might want to open a second Etsy shop.
Perhaps they want to start selling a new type of product and don’t want to mix the two types of products together in their main shop.
Maybe they want to specialize in a certain type of product or target a different audience with their second shop.
Or maybe they want to sell digital products in their second shop.
Let’s take a deeper look at this:
- Selling Different Types Of Products: Opening a second Etsy shop can be a great way to increase your sales and grow your business.By selling different types of products in different shops, you can reach more customers and create a stronger brand identity.
Both the shops can focus on a different type of product, which will help you to target specific buyers and create a more specialized shopping experience. Additionally, having multiple shops can help you to reduce the risk if one of your shops gets affected due to a loss in sales.
- Offering Digital Items On Second Shop: Perhaps you sell physical products on your main Etsy shop, but you’ve also started creating digital products like printables, fonts, or clip art. You could use a separate shop to sell just your digital products, which could make it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for.
- Reaching More Customers: The main advantage of opening a second Etsy shop is that it can help you reach more potential customers. By having multiple shops, you’ll be able to rank for multiple key terms on the Etsy search engine and will get more traffic and increase your chances of making sales.Additionally, if one of your shops isn’t doing well, you can focus all of your energy on the other one until it becomes more successful.
Rules For Opening Second Etsy Store
If you’re thinking of opening a second Etsy store, be sure to follow these rules:
- Use a new email address for your new shop. You cannot create a new shop with the same email ID that you are using for the previous shop.
- Do not sell the same items in both the shops. This can lead to customer confusion and may violate Etsy’s Seller policy on duplicate listings.
- Make sure to mention both the shop names in your Etsy public profile
- Remember that duplicate shops are not allowed on Etsy and can lead to suspension from the site. Etsy says: “If Etsy determines that your shop is a duplicate, we may remove it from the marketplace.”
- Finally, I want to give you a tip in order to run 2 Etsy shops at the same time. I suggest you use 2 different browsers to access both your shops in parallel.
In this way, you don’t have to log out and log in, again and again, to switch between your shops.
Pros And Cons Of Running Multiple Etsy Shops
There are a few pros to running multiple Etsy shops.
One is that you can reach more customers with multiple shops and increase your income. You can also target different customer bases with each shop, which can help you to find new customers and grow your business.
Additionally, having multiple shops can help you to diversify your income stream and reduce your risk if one of your shops fails. Finally, managing multiple shops can help you to learn new skills and grow your business skillset.
There are a few potential disadvantages to running multiple Etsy shops. One is that it can be more difficult to keep track of inventory and sales across multiple shops.
Additionally, managing multiple shops can be time-consuming and require additional marketing efforts. It’s also important to make sure that the branding and messaging for each shop is consistent, otherwise, customers may become confused or frustrated.
How To Manage Multiple Etsy Stores
If you’re an Etsy seller with more than one shop, you know that managing multiple shops can be a lot of work. Here are some tips for making the process a little easier:
- Use different browsers: If you have more than one shop, i suggest you to use different browsers for each shop. That way, you can manage your shops in parallel without logging out again and again.
- Hire an assistant: If you can afford to hire someone to help you manage your shops, it can be a big time-saver.
- Ask a family member for help: If you don’t want or can’t afford to hire an assistant, ask a family member to help out. They can update your listings and answer customer questions.
So these are some tips to manage multiple Etsy stores.
Can you have two Etsy shops on the same account?
The answer is no – at least not officially. In order to have multiple shops on Etsy, you would need to create separate accounts and use different email addresses for each account. This is because Etsy requires all sellers to have a unique email address in order to register a new seller account.
Should I open a second Etsy shop?
Opening a second Etsy shop can be a great way to expand your business, but it’s not always the right decision. Before you open a new shop, consider the following factors:
1. How much time and energy do you have to devote to expanding your business?
2. How well is your current Etsy shop doing?
3. What kind of products do you want to sell in your new shop?
4. Are you prepared for the extra work that comes with running two businesses?
5. How much money can you afford to spend on marketing and advertising?
6. Do you have the necessary skills and knowledge to run two shops simultaneously?
Do I have to disclose my second Etsy shop?
Yes, Etsy says that you have to disclose your shops in your Etsy public profile.
In conclusion, opening a second Etsy shop can be a great way to diversify your income and reach new customers. By following the tips in this article, you can set up your shop quickly and easily and start selling your products to a whole new audience.
I hope you have enjoyed reading our article on “How To Open A Second Etsy Shop”.
So what are you waiting for? Start planning your new shop today!
How To Print Etsy Shipping Labels At Home 2022 (Easy Steps!!)
How Much Money Can You Make On Etsy 2022 (The Reality!!)
How To Print Etsy Downloads At Staples 2022 (From Home!!)
How To Take Best Etsy Product Pictures (6 Photography Tips!)
What Are Etsy Offsite Ads! Are They Worth It?
How To Add Product Variations To Your Etsy Listing: The Right Way