In my recent article, I talked about how to become a Pinterest creator and mentioned the term Pinterest Creator fund, and a lot of you must be wondering what is Pinterest creator fund and how you can join that.
Well in today’s article I will guide you through the process of how to join the Pinterest creator fund as a complete beginner.
So let’s dive in.
What is Pinterest Creator Fund?
The Pinterest Creator Fund is an educational program that provides support to creators that comes from an underrepresented community. It is a 5-week program and focuses on teaching creators how to succeed on the Pinterest platform.
The program offers tools, training, and financial resources to help eligible creators improve their content and grow their audience.
So if you’re a Pinterest Creator from an underrepresented community, you can read more about the Pinterest Creator Fund over here.
The creator fund and Pinterest Creator Rewards / Creator Hub are two different programs that help Pinterest creators earn money.
While both programs offer ways for creators to make money on Pinterest, they have their own unique eligibility criteria and requirements. So it’s important not to mix them up or confuse one with the other
Requirements To Join Pinterest Creator Funds
Pinterest hasn’t officially shared the eligibility requirements for the Creator Fund yet, but based on past rounds, i have some general idea of what they might be.
So who can join the Pinterest creator funds?
- Identify as a member of an underrepresented community
- Have an active Pinterest account and be located in the United States
- Should have idea pins created and pinned on the profile
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have over 1,000 followers on your Pinterest account
- Not currently be participating in any of Pinterest’s other monetization programs
- Create content that aligns with the focus area for the current funding cycle (Funding cycles are based on a particular focus area for eg: fashion & beauty, health, fitness, etc)
These are not official requirements by Pinterest, these are just assumptions based on previous data so keep an eye out for more information and be sure to check if you meet the criteria when they’re announced!
Pinterest Creator Fund Allowed Countries
The Pinterest Creator Fund is only available to creators in the United States.
Recently they have opened the applications for UK creators also and the first creator fund cycle will be focused on LGBTQIA+ creators who make fashion and beauty content.
Unfortunately, the application period is currently closed, but we encourage you to keep an eye out for future opportunities
For people living in Brazil there is good news for you, Pinterest said that they are all set to launch the creator fund program in Brazil soon, so if you are from brazil you should keep an eye on future updates.
How to Join Pinterest Creator Fund?
You can join Pinterest creator fun by visiting their application page and filling out all the details.
Here is the application page.
Currently, the new applications for Pinterest creator funds are closed but you can subscribe to their email newsletter and they will notify you whenever the applications will be opened.
What are the Benefits of Joining the Pinterest Creator Fund?
The benefits of joining the Pinterest Creator Fund are numerous. Some of them include:
• Get access to exclusive tools and resources that will help you create better content and grow your audience
• Connect with industry experts and mentors who can provide guidance and advice
• Earn recognition from the Pinterest team for your work
• Gain valuable experience that could help you land paid opportunities in the future
How Much Does the Creator Fund Pay
If you’re accepted into the Creator Fund program, you’ll receive a cash grant of $25,000, plus ad credits and an equipment stipend.
That’s a lot of support to help you create even better content on Pinterest! Plus, by participating in the program, you may have the opportunity to work with brands like L’Oreal.
For example, if you were part of the Fashion and Beauty cohort in 2022, you might have received complimentary beauty products and the chance to collaborate with L’Oreal directly.
Sounds pretty great, right?
Other Ways To Make Money Through Pinterest
Besides joining the Creator Fund program, there are other ways to make money through Pinterest.
Here are some of the top ways to earn some extra cash by leveraging your Pinterest account:
- Starting a Blog: If you have a passion for writing, starting a blog might be the perfect way to make money through Pinterest.
By creating engaging and informative content, you can attract a loyal following and monetize your blog through ads, sponsored posts, and other income streams.
- Affiliate marketing: Another way to make money through Pinterest is by promoting affiliate products using Pinterest. By promoting products or services from other companies and earning a commission for each sale that you generate, you can turn your Pinterest account into a profitable source of income.
- Selling products: If you have an e-commerce store, Pinterest can be a great platform to showcase and sell your products. By creating visually appealing pins that showcase your products and linking to your website or online shop, you can attract potential customers and drive sales.
- Pinterest Creator Rewards: Creator reward program is the official way introduced by Pinterest to make money directly through the platform. Read more about it here.
- Brand partnerships and sponsored content: If you have a large and engaged following on Pinterest, you may be able to partner with brands and create sponsored content. By creating pins and other content that promotes a brand’s products or services, you can earn money through sponsored posts and other partnerships.
In conclusion, the Pinterest Creator Fund is a great opportunity for eligible Pinterest Creators to receive support for their content creation.
If you’re interested in joining the Creator Fund, be sure to keep an eye out for application periods and apply as soon as possible.
Remember, there are certain requirements that you’ll need to meet in order to be eligible for the program, so make sure to carefully read the guidelines and ensure that you meet all of the criteria. We wish you the best of luck with your application!