Have you ever wanted to delete your Pinterest account?
There may come a time when you find yourself needing to do so, and the process can be daunting if you are not familiar with it. Fortunately, this article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to delete your Pinterest account.
In this article, I will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to delete a Pinterest account as quickly and efficiently as possible
I will also explain the differences between deactivating and deleting an account, as well as how to remove all of your information from the platform permanently.
I will also cover all the potential consequences of deleting your account so you can make an informed decision.
How To Delete a Pinterest Account
There could be multiple reasons why you want to delete your Pinterest account, maybe you don’t like the platform anymore or maybe you want to take a break from it, whatever the reasons you can easily deactivate or delete your Pinterest account by following simple steps.
You can delete your account using both a computer and a mobile phone, so no matter what device you are using, you will be able to perform the delete action on all devices.
How To Delete Pinterest Account On a Computer
To delete your Pinterest account using the Pinterest website on a computer, follow these steps:
- Go to the Pinterest website and log in to your account.
- Click on that drop-down arrow beside your profile picture in the top right corner of the page, and then select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Account Management” tab from the left sidebar, and then click on the “Delete Account” option.
- You will be asked to select a reason why you want to delete your Pinterest account, just choose any reason and click on the button “Send Email”.
- After that you will receive an email from Pinterest containing a button to delete your Pinterest account, just click on that.
Now your account will be deleted after 14 days and within these 14 days if you change your mind then you can just simply login into your Pinterest account and Pinterest will send you a link to reactivate your account.
When you delete your account, it will be immediately deactivated and your account will be permanently deleted after 14 days.
So will have 14 days to reverse your action and reactivate your account if you want to otherwise you will lose your account and all the data associated with it forever.
Keep in mind that deleting your Pinterest account is a permanent action and cannot be undone. If you decide to reactivate your account in the future, you will need to create a new account from scratch.
It is also important to note that deleting your Pinterest account will not automatically delete any content that you have shared on other websites or social media platforms. You will need to delete or remove this content separately if you wish to do so.
Delete Pinterest Account On a Phone
You don’t have access to computer or laptop? Don’t worry, you can easily delete your Pinterest account using your phone itself.
To delete your Pinterest account using the mobile app, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Pinterest app on your mobile device and log in to your account.
- Tap on your Profile Icon from the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now tap on the Three Dots from the top right corner and tap on “Settings”
- Now from there tap on “Account Management”
- Scroll down and tap “Delete Account”
- A confirmation Pop up will appear, just tap on the “Continue” button
- Now again Pinterest will send you an email confirming your account deletion, open the email and tap on “Yes, delete account”
That’s it, your account will be scheduled for deletion in the next 14 days.
If you want to reverse your decision you can re-login to your account and reactivate it within 14 days.
Deleting Pinterest Account On an iPhone
The steps to delete Pinterest account on an iPhone are exactly the same as we have discussed above.
Just open the app, head over to settings, and go to Account Settings, from there just tap on the Delete Account option and confirm the process by clicking the button sent by Pinterest on your email.
What Happens When I Delete My Pinterest Account?
If you delete your account, it will be deactivated right away and permanently deleted after 14 days.
During this 14-day period, you have the option to reactivate your account by logging in and clicking the “Reactivate My Account” button.
It is important to note that once your account is permanently deleted, it will not be possible to recover any of your information or pins. If you wish to proceed with deleting your account, please be aware of these consequences.
How To Deactivate Your Pinterest Account
If you don’t want to delete your Pinterest account permanently, you can then deactivate your account and hide your pins and profile temporarily.
Follow these steps to deactivate your Pinterest account:
- Head over to the Pinterest website and log in to your account.
- On the top right corner of the page, click on the drop-down arrow next to your profile picture and select “Settings” from the menu.
- On the left side of the screen, click on the “Account Management” tab.
- Scroll down and click on the “Deactivate Account” option.
- Click Continue.
- Now Pinterest will ask you to choose a reason for deactivating your account. Select one of the options provided and click on “Deactivate Account”.
To check whether your account is deactivated or not try opening the URL www.pinterest.com/(yourusername).
If your profile is still opening that means your account is not deactivated yet, if it is throwing not found error, means your account is deactivated
Note: When you deactivate your account your profile, pins and board will be hidden but your username and email address will still remain tied to your Pinterest account.
That means you won’t be able to create a new Pinterest account using that same email and username.
How To Delete Pinterest Account Permanently.
There are no separate steps to follow in order to delete your Pinterest account permanently. All you have to do is follow the above steps to delete your Pinterest account and wait for 14 days, after 14 days, your account will be deleted permanently.
What happens when my Pinterest account is deleted?
When your Pinterest account is deleted all your pins, boards, and the data related to your Pinterest account will be erased permanently.
Your profile, pins, and boards won’t appear anymore on the Pinterest search.
And this action is permanent, which means you won’t be able to get back your Pinterest account once it is deleted permanently.
So as you saw, deleting a Pinterest account is a simple process that can be done in just a few steps. You can quickly and easily delete your account directly from the settings menu on Pinterest website or mobile app.
If you have decided to delete your account, remember to download any important pins you may want to save before taking this final step.
Additionally, if you choose to delete your account, it will no longer be accessible and cannot be recovered once deleted.
Hey there! I’m Rohit Lohia, a passionate SEO enthusiast and the proud founder of Branded Bucks. I’m all about helping small business owners achieve success online through my blog. Join me on this exciting journey as we explore ways to make money online and build a thriving digital presence.